United Nations Volunteering Opportunity for Youth 2017
Open to: young people aged 18 to 29
Benefits: basic living allowance that allows the volunteer to live healthily and safely in the assigned area
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization tasked to promote international co-operation and to create and maintain international order. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945 after World War II in order to prevent another such conflict.
National UN Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work of the United Nations, particularly at the community level where they usher in greater ownership of programmes and projects. They are providing opportunities to youth to change the world for the better while simultaneously honing your own skills, gaining knowledge and a better understanding of the realities of international development and peacebuilding. If you want to become one of them and the grab this excellent UN Volunteering opportunity apply now!
- Motivated and talented youth between the ages of 18 and 29;
- You must be younger than 29 throughout the duration of your service;
- The educational background and experience required varies by assignment, but generally work experience over two years is not expected.
In return, you will be:
- Rewarded with an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life;
- Opportunity to change the world for the better while simultaneously honing your own skills, gaining knowledge and a better understanding of the realities of international development and peacebuilding;
- UN Youth Volunteers receive a basic living allowance that allows the volunteer to live healthily and safely in the assigned area;
- If you volunteer outside of your home area, return airfare or land transport (as applicable) and some other basic costs are paid by the host agency;
- You will receive orientation and training before and after your assignment.