Peace Insight is offering a volunteer opportunity to those from Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Tunisia to participate in peacebuilding in their country. The opportunity is best suited for people with a passionate desire to share information on peacebuilding with a wide audience.
- Has contacts in the NGO or peacebuilding sector.
- A strong interest in the media and reporting.
- Excellent written and spoken English (in the case of Francophone countries, they can consider working with a Local Peacebuilding Expert who speaks French and not English, though English language skills are an advantage).
- The role is ideal for someone pursuing a career in peacebuilding with an interest in journalism.
- Local Peacebuilding Experts should be based in the country they cover.
- people living outside the country may be considered if they have exceptional links to the peacebuilding sector in that country.
- Priority will be given to local/national applicants.
- The work is best suited for people with a passionate desire to share information on peacebuilding with a wide audience.
Local Peacebuilding Experts do receive some payment for work published on the website.
- In their role, the primary area of work of the Local Peacebuilding Expert will be on investigating and supplying information on local peacebuilders.
- The Local Peacebuilding Expert is expected to occasionally submit posts to the Insight on Conflict blog.
- The blog gives space to Peace Direct and the Local Peacebuilding Experts to respond instantly to developments in conflicts around the world. It also offers a place for more personal reflections by the Local Peacebuilding Experts on their work.
- You Writing sample about Peacebuilding
- A short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
Please note: if you are not a national of the country or region for which you are applying, or are not currently based in the country, your application will not be considered.
Peace Insight was launched in 2007 to bring greater attention to their invaluable work. Published by Peace Direct, it is the world’s leading resource on local peacebuilding. Insight on Conflict provides information on local peacebuilding organisations in areas of conflict. We feature profiles of over 1,400 organisations around the world, as well as blog posts and key resources on peacebuilding. Key to our work is our network of ‘Local Peacebuilding Experts’, who help to research and write about peacebuilding and conflict around the world.
See more available job opportunities in Jordan on Mina7
See more available competition and awards on Mina7