UN Volunteers Programme is offering a volunteer opportunity in Khartoum, Sudan within UNOPS, as it is looking for a qualified individual to work as a Programme Officer.
Until 15 May 2021 with possibility of extension.
- Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment.
- Nationals of the country of Sudan are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in International Relations, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field is desirable with 0 - 2 years of relevant experience;
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with an additional 1 years of relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in programme, project management and/or business administration is required.
- Experience in development and/or humanitarian affairs in post-conflict environment is highly desirable.
- Experience working in multi-stakeholder project is desirable
- Knowledge of the UN mine action is desirable
- Previous experience in donor reporting and preparing project proposals desired
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English is required
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment is desired
- Experience in working with computer such as MS Office is required
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNMAS Programme Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer is responsible for management of the UN Trust Fund for Human Security (UNTFHS) project and other donor-funded projects. Key functional responsibilities of the Associate Programme Officer include but not limited to the followings:
- Liaise with UNTFHS participating agencies on project design, implementation, issues, and any relevant issues.
- Closely monitor UNTFHS project progress to ensure the project is implemented in coordinated and harmonious manner among participating agencies.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of communications activities for promoting Human Security concept at state, locality and community levels.
- Organize regular and ad-hoc UNTFHS coordination meeting with participating agencies
- Maintain good and close working relationship with counterparts and the Embassies and ensure good communication and information exchange
- When required/requested, represent the Sudan programme team at relevant coordination meetings
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme related issues
- Any other related duties as requested and tasked by the Programme Officer / Programme Manager
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
About UN Volunteers Programme:
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
See more available workshops or trainingson Mina7
See more available opportunities in Turkeyon Mina7